We are excited to announce that we have fully transitioned to online lessons at Forte and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to in person lessons. We have singing, piano and ukulele students of all ages and levels continuing their music lessons online via Zoom. Each teacher worked very hard (and very quickly) to learn and adapt to this new way of teaching. All four of us are thrilled that most of the technical glitches are out of the way and lessons are rolling along!
A few reminders about your new online lessons:
- Your Zoom link for your lesson will remain the same each week; please keep your instructions email in a place that is easy to access each week so that getting set up is as easy as a click of a button.
- It can be tricky to remember your lesson time while our regular routines are not as they were. Please set a recurring reminder in your phone to let you know when it is 15 minutes prior to your lesson! 15 minutes should be enough time to get technology and books ready prior to your lesson!
- If something has come up and you are unable to attend your lesson, please provide your teacher with 24 hours notice.
Student Portal – Online Lesson Resource
We have recently launched a tool to help us send lesson materials to our students called the Student Portal. Through the Student Portal teachers can upload sheet music, lyric sheets, audio recordings, and extra supplementary activities. Teachers can also use this space in lieu of lesson sheets to record any lesson notes for the week, and provide external links such as warm-up activities that will aid in practice at home.
Note: Use of the student portal is optional. For students who aren’t using the student portal, the teacher will continue to email any notes or relevant materials.
To access the student portal:
- Ask your teacher if you would like to have access to the student portal.
- Set up your login password – the link for this will be emailed by your teacher once you’ve requested access.
- Login to the student portal from the https://forteschoolofmusic.ca/ homepage under the tab called Student Portal. This tab is conveniently located at the top of our homepage.
- Voila! You then have access to all your lesson notes and materials to make learning from home even easier!
Let’s Keep Making Music
We have created a ton of fun activities and challenges for our students to partake in from home to help us all continue to make music and feel connected! What better way to fill extra time than with some fun (and secretly educational) music activities!
Make our day and many others by sending any videos or photos to email@example.com to be featured on our social media.