We are excited to announce the studio is back open for in-person lessons! In compliance with WorkSafeBC we have come up with Covid-19 safety plan to ensure the safety and wellness of our students and teachers as we transition back to in-person lessons. Should Covid-19 cases worsen within the community, we reserve the right to suspend in-person lessons and provide online learning. Safety of our community, students and teachers is our number one priority.
Elimination measures in place:
• We will be staggering lesson times by 15 minutes to eliminate groups of people using the entrance and exit simultaneously.
• We will be offering a combination of in-person and online lessons to accommodate individual comfort levels as well as flexibility for those that feel unwell or are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
• The lobby will be closed until further notice. We ask that students arrive in the lobby no earlier than their scheduled lesson time.
• We will refrain from using piano games until further notice.
• Books have been removed from the lobby.
• The washrooms will be for emergency use only.
• We will eliminate the use of cash temporarily and will accept payment as credit, e-transfer or cheque.
Protections measures in place:
• Plexiglass barriers are in place in each of the lesson rooms to allow for extra protection for both the student and teacher.
• These barriers will be cleaned on a regular basis.
• Students or teachers wishing to wear non-surgical masks during their lesson are encouraged to do so.
• Each lesson room has been modified to allow for social distancing measures to remain in place.
• Markers on the floor indicate where students and teachers should sit or stand to maintain the 2 meters, or 6 feet required for social distancing.
Rules and Guidelines:
• Current students, families and teachers have all been informed of the new models of operation.
• The Covid-19 safety plan will be posted on our website as well as in the lobby at the entrance of our studio.
• Current students, families and teachers have signed and acknowledged that they understand the policy regarding feeling any symptoms regarding Covid-19 and they are prohibited from entering the building if they are feeling unwell.
• We have displayed our Covid-19 safety plan at the front entrance in our lobby, on our website, and has been emailed to current students and teachers.
• Teachers will use the 15 minutes in between lesson times to clean surfaces with appropriate cleaning products, including piano keys, piano bench, any hard surface, pens/pencils used, plexiglass as well as doorknobs.
• Teachers will be required to wash their hands using soap and water prior to their next lesson.
• Students will be required to arrive with pre-washed hands, as well as use hand sanitizer before entering their lesson.
• The studio will have one deep clean each week, as well as regular cleaning daily to allow for extra cleanliness at the studio.
• We have eliminated unnecessary tools and equipment to simplify the cleaning process.
• We have added extra hand sanitizing stations for students and teachers in each room of the studio.
New Covid-19 Safety Policies:
• Our workplace policy indicates that teachers and others showing symptoms of Covid-19 are prohibited from entering the studio.
• If a student or teacher begins to feel ill, they will be isolated and sent home immediately.
• We have the flexibility for students and teachers that are feeling symptoms of Covid-19 to have the option to do their lesson from home as an online lesson if they are feeling unwell.
• Although our cancellation policy requires 24 hours notice to be given your 2 make up lessons throughout the studio year, we will be extra accommodating to those feeling symptoms of Covid-19 and do our best to reschedule these lessons based on teacher availability.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Covid-19 safety plan please do not hesitate to reach out via email (email@example.com) or by phone (250.715.8200. We are evaluating changing rules and regulations on a daily basis, and are committed to adjusting our safety plan as situations change.