Our theory lessons are offered both as group classes as well as individual classes. Theory lessons can help you prepare for Royal Conservatory of Music practical theory examinations, or can enhance a student’s musical education by helping them to better understand the music they are studying. We also study ear training to compliment both theory programs and practical study.
For theory rudiments, we follow the Sound Advice Theory & Ear-Training program as well as the Royal Conservatory of Music Celebrate Theory program.
Individual Theory Lessons:
Individual lessons are arranged by request on a custom program. Please contact us to learn more.
Fees for individual theory lessons (Prep – Level 8) are:
- $22 for 30 minutes
- $33 for 45 minutes
- $44 for 60 minutes
- Textbook and exam fees extra
- Annual $25 registration fee
Effective September 1, 2019, individual music lesson fees will be $24 for a 30 minutes, $36 for 45 minutes, $48 for 60 minutes.
Group Theory Classes:
Upcoming Group Theory Classes:
- RCM Prep Theory – for students in Prep level for their instrument or voice
- Day & time TBA
- RCM Level 1 Theory – for students in Level 1 for their instrument or voice
- 15 weeks
- 60 mins, day & time TBA
- RCM Prep Theory, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4
- RCM Level 5 Theory (previously Basic Rudiments)
- RCM Level 6 Theory (previously Intermediate Rudiments)
- RCM Level 7 Theory
- RCM Level 8 Theory (previously Advanced Rudiments)
- Please contact us for specific class timing and pricing information.
- A specific theory lesson/homework book for theory courses will be included in the course fee. Exams are optional and will incur an examination fee.
- Music lessons are tax exempt.